Click below to hear how to save planning time:
How great would it be if you could “plug and play” your lessons and resources next school year? Well, you can and I’m here to show you how creating templates can save you precious time!
Planning lessons, creating activities, tracking data, meetings, duties – the list of tasks for teachers goes on and on! Good news! I’m sharing a way to save time and energy in your prep and planning. Today, I am talking about 4 templates you can create this summer to streamline your lesson planning, make creating activities quicker and less stressful, and help you better support your students from multiple grade levels. Want these templates already started for you to make your summer prep even easier? Sign up for the FREE ESL Teacher Toolkit.
We are continuing our summer giveaway inside of the Facebook Group so be sure to join and complete this week’s task of setting up your templates! Also, I am so excited to share that I have an upcoming webinar all about how to cut your lesson planning time in half when you’re teaching ELLs and I can’t wait to share more tips like this with you there!
Topics discussed in this episode:
- 4 templates you should have set up before the school year starts
- Ideas of what to include in your templates to better streamline your planning and prep
- How using templates can help build familiarity with your students
- What other templates you may want to include when you prep for next school year
- Reminder to join the summer challenge in the Facebook Group
- Announcement about my upcoming webinar!
- FREE ESL Teacher Toolkit (Templates are found here!)
- Sign up for my free webinar, How to Cut Your Planning Time in Half and Still Provide Quality and Engaging Lessons for your ELLs
- Join the Equipping ELLs Membership
- Check out the ELL Strategy Academy
- Shop TpT resources that help with supporting your ELLs
Related episodes and blog posts:
- Episode 25: How to Create a Scope and Sequence for Your ELL Program
- Episode 26: Setting Up Quarterly Goals
- Episode 27: Defining Daily Language Expectations for All Levels of ELLs
Connect with Beth:
- Join the Facebook group: Inspiring Young Learners Engage!
- Follow her on Instagram @inspiringyounglearners.
More about Equipping ELLs:
We all know that teaching isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to be this hard. Equipping ELLs is a podcast for both ESL specialists and homeroom teachers who are looking for effective and engaging ways to support their English Language Learners without adding to their endless to-do list. Tune in each week to hear tips, strategies, and inspirational stories that will empower you to better reach your ELL students, equip them with life-long skills, and strengthen relationships with colleagues and parents.
Your host, Beth Vaucher, is the founder of Inspiring Young Learners. She is an ESL certified homeroom teacher with over 10 years of experience teaching in the US and internationally. Her background of M.Ed in ESL and Curriculum and Instruction combined with her experience has led her to develop a bestselling newcomer curriculum that has sold in over 90 countries around the globe. She brings a different perspective to teaching ELLs from her years teaching and living abroad and working with ELLs from around the world. You will walk away from each episode with the ideas and tools you need to transform your experience as a teacher and cultivate a thriving and welcoming environment for your ELL students.