Click below to hear how to set up quarterly goals:
We all want to rest and enjoy our well deserved and much needed summer break! But if we can spend a little time preparing for next school year, it will have a big impact on how the school year will go. We are continuing our Successfully Setting Up for the School Year This Summer series and this is an episode you don’t want to miss!
Today, we are going to look at our scope and sequence and break it down into smaller target goals for each quarter. I give you tips on how to set these quarterly goals, maximize the days you have with your students, and determine the foundational skills you are going to work on with each group of students. Plus, I am giving you a FREE quarterly goal template to help you plan for your year!
Do you want these quarterly goals, objectives, assessments, progress monitoring templates, and more already done for you? These resources will be ready for you by August 1st and you can have access to them inside my membership, Equipping ELLs. Not a member? You can join here and save yourself some stress and just enjoy showing up to teach!
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Why starting with a scope and sequence for the year is important
- Using your gut feelings and freedom from a set curriculum to help set goals
- 3 steps to breaking your scope and sequence into quarterly goals
- Why having clear, targeted goals is so important for you and your students
- How to get K-12 goals, assessments, rubrics, and more already done for you in the Equipping ELLs Membership
- Download the FREE Bingo card and join the summer challenge
- Download the ESL Teacher Toolkit (includes a year long editable scope and sequence and Quarterly Goal Template)
- Learn more about WIDA ELD Standards Framework
- Join the Equipping ELLs Membership
- Check out the ELL Strategy Academy
- Shop TpT resources that help with supporting your ELLs
Related episodes and blog posts:
- Episode 25: How to Create a Scope and Sequence for Your ELL Program
- Episode 24, 6 Ways to Prepare for Back to School Now!
- Episode 23, 6 Must Read PD Books to Teach ELLs
Connect with Beth:
- Join the Facebook group: Inspiring Young Learners Engage!
- Follow her on Instagram @inspiringyounglearners.
More about Equipping ELLs:
We all know that teaching isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to be this hard. Equipping ELLs is a podcast for both ESL specialists and homeroom teachers who are looking for effective and engaging ways to support their English Language Learners without adding to their endless to-do list. Tune in each week to hear tips, strategies, and inspirational stories that will empower you to better reach your ELL students, equip them with life-long skills, and strengthen relationships with colleagues and parents.
Your host, Beth Vaucher, is the founder of Inspiring Young Learners. She is an ESL certified homeroom teacher with over 10 years of experience teaching in the US and internationally. Her background of M.Ed in ESL and Curriculum and Instruction combined with her experience has led her to develop a bestselling newcomer curriculum that has sold in over 90 countries around the globe. She brings a different perspective to teaching ELLs from her years teaching and living abroad and working with ELLs from around the world. You will walk away from each episode with the ideas and tools you need to transform your experience as a teacher and cultivate a thriving and welcoming environment for your ELL students.