Click below to hear PD topics you’ll want to be a part of:
Have you been asked to provide training to the staff on supporting ELLs but have no idea what you could present on? I see people asking all the time what they can do to provide training or PD to their school staff on supporting ELLs. If you’ve been there, I’ve got you! I am sharing 12 ideas for PD training you can feel confident sharing with teachers.
You may be thinking that you are still trying to figure out how to best support your ELLs so there is no way you could train others. Remember, YOU are the expert! We want to inspire and encourage staff to see how easy it is for them to support their ELLs and who better to do that than you?
In this episode, we are diving into different topics you can steal for a presentation, training, or PD mini series. We are covering 12 topics that can help teachers just beginning to support ELLs through the advanced level teacher, ideas for how to present on these topics, and three ways you can support homeroom teachers without having to give a presentation.
Don’t miss our huge giveaway! To celebrate the Equipping ELLS podcast’s one year anniversary, we are hosting a giveaway during the month of January. We are giving 10 lucky winners a resource of their choice from the Inspiring Young Learners store plus we are giving 5 lucky winners a grand prize of a one year membership to Equipping ELLs! Winners will be announced January 29, 2023.
How to enter:
- Leave a review wherever you listen to podcasts. 1 entry for every review you leave so you can review as many episodes as you’d like to earn more entries!
- Post on Instagram your favorite Equipping ELLs episode and tag us @equippingells
- Share the podcast with a friend or coworker and DM me a screenshot on Instagram @equippingells
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Why you are qualified and knowledgeable enough to provide PD to other staff members
- How getting teachers on board with supporting ELL students in their classroom is a small step to ensuring success for these students
- 12 topics you can provide training on for PD no matter what level of experience with supporting ELL students your classroom teachers have
- Ideas and tips for presenting on these topics
- 3 ideas for you to provide PD or training to staff members that do not involve giving a presentation
- Grab your presentation template
- Join the Equipping ELLs Membership
- Check out the ELL Strategy Academy
- Download the ESL Teacher Toolkit
- Shop TpT resources that help with supporting your ELLs
Related episodes and blog posts:
- Episode 51. 5 New Tech Tools to Try Now
- Episode 23. 6 Must Read PD Books to Teach ELLs
- Episode 14. 3 Ways to Connect with Homeroom Teachers
Connect with Beth:
More about Equipping ELLs:
We all know that teaching isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to be this hard. Equipping ELLs is a podcast for both ESL specialists and homeroom teachers who are looking for effective and engaging ways to support their English Language Learners without adding to their endless to-do list. Tune in each week to hear tips, strategies, and inspirational stories that will empower you to better reach your ELL students, equip them with life-long skills, and strengthen relationships with colleagues and parents.
Your host, Beth Vaucher, is the founder of Inspiring Young Learners. She is an ESL certified homeroom teacher with over 10 years of experience teaching in the US and internationally. Her background of M.Ed in ESL and Curriculum and Instruction combined with her experience has led her to develop a bestselling newcomer curriculum that has sold in over 90 countries around the globe. She brings a different perspective to teaching ELLs from her years teaching and living abroad and working with ELLs from around the world. You will walk away from each episode with the ideas and tools you need to transform your experience as a teacher and cultivate a thriving and welcoming environment for your ELL students.