Click below to hear the 3 step framework:
Have you ever stopped to think about how scary it is to learn a language? If you’ve ever visited a foreign country or traveled abroad, you may have experienced how awkward and embarrassing it can feel to make a mistake or not know how to communicate in another language. Our ELL students experience this all the time at school.
It can be overwhelming for our students to feel constant anxiety and fear around what we may consider simple classroom activities. On top of that, many teachers experience overwhelm and anxiety when it comes to supporting ELL students in the classroom. We want to do our best, but statistics show that we are not receiving adequate training to effectively support some of our most vulnerable students.
In today’s episode, I’m sharing my 3-Step Framework that makes it easier to support your ELL students. By incorporating all 3 steps, you and your ELLs will experience less anxiety and overwhelm and more success and confidence.
In honor of this brand new podcast, I’m celebrating with a giveaway of five $25 TPT gift cards! Plus one grand prize winner will receive my course, ELL Strategy Academy, a one year subscription to my membership, Equipping ELLs, and a $50 TPT gift card!
Here’s how to enter the giveaway:
- Follow, rate, and write a review on Apple Podcasts.
- Screenshot your review and send it to me on Instagram @inspiringyounglearners.
- BONUS ENTRY: Screenshot your favorite launch episode, add it to your Instagram stories, and tag me.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- 3-Step Framework that will give you confidence and make it easier to support your ELL students
- Simple tips for creating a welcoming classroom so you can develop trust and build a strong relationship with your students
- Quick, easy, and effective ways to assess ELL students so you can make impactful adjustments to your teaching.
- Strategies you can use for each of the different language levels and how all students can benefit from this support.
- Equipping ELLs Membership
- ELL Strategy Academy
- Grab your FREE Newcomer Welcome kit
- Shop TpT resources that help with supporting your ELLs
Related episodes and blog posts:
- An Easy 3-Step Framework to Build a Strong Foundation for Teaching ELLs
- A 4 Step Framework to Simplify Your Lesson Planning: The Lesson Plan Framework That Will Streamline The Lesson Planning Process and Support ELLs
- 6 Truths I Didn’t Know Until I Lived Abroad
Connect with Beth:
- Follow her on Instagram: @inspiringyounglearners
- Join the Facebook group: Inspiring Young Learners Engage!
More about Equipping ELLs:
We all know that teaching isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to be this hard. Equipping ELLs is a podcast for both ESL specialists and homeroom teachers who are looking for effective and engaging ways to support their English Language Learners without adding to their endless to-do list. Tune in each week to hear tips, strategies, and inspirational stories that will empower you to better reach your ELL students, equip them with life-long skills, and strengthen relationships with colleagues and parents.
Your host, Beth Vaucher, is the founder of Inspiring Young Learners. She is an ESL certified homeroom teacher with over 10 years of experience teaching in the US and internationally. Her background of M.Ed in ESL and Curriculum and Instruction combined with her experience has led her to develop a bestselling newcomer curriculum that has sold in over 90 countries around the globe. She brings a different perspective to teaching ELLs from her years teaching and living abroad and working with ELLs from around the world. You will walk away from each episode with the ideas and tools you need to transform your experience as a teacher and cultivate a thriving and welcoming environment for your ELL students.