Click below to hear ways to restart the year now:
Coming back from winter break is the perfect time to restart and refresh things in order to make the most of the second half of the year. I know this year, and the past few years, have been incredibly stressful and exhausting and the thought of doing a refresh may be overwhelming. I totally get that! I want to help you finish the year strong so I am sharing five easy things for you to restart to make the most of the second half of the school year.
At this point in the school year, you’re likely tired, burnt out, and just want to make it to the end of the school year. But I want you to think about how happy you’ll be in June if you try some of these things now and the rest of the school year goes smoother because of it. When you return from break, I challenge you to restart your mindset, classroom management, attitude, lesson planning routine, and confidence in order to make the most of the year from now until June.
We are celebrating the one year anniversary of the Equipping ELLs podcast and I want to give a HUGE thank you to all of you who listen in and for sharing how much this podcast has helped you. To celebrate, we are hosting a giveaway during the month of January! 10 lucky winners will receive a resource of their choice from the Inspiring Young Learners store plus we are giving 5 lucky winners a grand prize of a one year membership to Equipping ELLs! Winners will be announced January 29, 2023.
How to enter:
- Leave a review wherever you listen to podcasts. 1 entry for every review you leave so you can review as many episodes as you’d like to earn more entries!
- Post on Instagram your favorite Equipping ELLs episode and tag us @equippingells
- Share the podcast with a friend or coworker and DM me a screenshot on Instagram @equippingells
Topics discussed in this episode:
- The importance of resetting your mindset as we enter the second half of the school year and tips to help with your mindset
- Ideas for how to restart your classroom management in the middle of the year
- How to reset your attitude and let go of things you can’t control
- Tips for resetting how you lesson plan to make it more streamlined and manageable
- Why you should reset your confidence and be bold in 2023
- HUGE giveaway announcement to celebrate 1 year of the Equipping ELLs podcast
- Lesson Planning Webinar
- Join the Equipping ELLs Membership
- Check out the ELL Strategy Academy
- Download the ESL Teacher Toolkit
- Shop TpT resources that help with supporting your ELLs
Related episodes and blog posts:
- Episode 1: The 1 Reason Your ELLs Aren’t Making Growth and How to Change That Now
- Simple Classroom Management Tips for ELLs
- A 4 Step Framework to Simplify Your Lesson Planning
Connect with Beth:
More about Equipping ELLs:
We all know that teaching isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to be this hard. Equipping ELLs is a podcast for both ESL specialists and homeroom teachers who are looking for effective and engaging ways to support their English Language Learners without adding to their endless to-do list. Tune in each week to hear tips, strategies, and inspirational stories that will empower you to better reach your ELL students, equip them with life-long skills, and strengthen relationships with colleagues and parents.
Your host, Beth Vaucher, is the founder of Inspiring Young Learners. She is an ESL certified homeroom teacher with over 10 years of experience teaching in the US and internationally. Her background of M.Ed in ESL and Curriculum and Instruction combined with her experience has led her to develop a bestselling newcomer curriculum that has sold in over 90 countries around the globe. She brings a different perspective to teaching ELLs from her years teaching and living abroad and working with ELLs from around the world. You will walk away from each episode with the ideas and tools you need to transform your experience as a teacher and cultivate a thriving and welcoming environment for your ELL students.