Updated: Jul 12
Are you trying to figure out how to send your students off for the summer in an encouraging and motivating way? The best way is through picture books! Whether you are working with first graders or high schoolers, these 10 read aloud stories will bring a great message, provide opportunities for students to reflect and discuss this school year, and help you send them off being proud of all they accomplished this year!
To make it even easier for you, I included a read aloud video from Youtube, so you don't have to spend time finding the books yourself!
1. Happy Dreamer by Peter H. Reynolds
2.Be You! By: Peter H. Reynolds
3. Only One You by: Linda Kranz
4. I Wish You More By: Amy Krouse Rosenthal
5. Beautiful Hands
6. The Wonderful Things You Will Be By: Emily Winfield Martin
5. Curious, You By: H.A. Rey
6. Last Day Blues By: Julie Danneberg
7. Lizzie and the Last Day of School By: Trinka Hakes Noble
8. My Brave Year of Firsts By: Jamie Lee Curtis & Laura Cornell
9. Your Fantastic Elastic Brain By: JoAnn Deak
10. The Day You Begin By: Jacqueline Woodson
I hope you found these book suggestions helpful for you to end the year well with your students!! I'd love to hear more suggestions, so please comment below with your favorites!